Thursday, May 22, 2014

At the Feet of Jesus

I must write and tell you what the Lord has done. This past month has been a month of ministry to and from the Lord. I am humbled in His Sight and in His Presence. 

A few weeks ago my aunt invited me to an intercessory prayer meeting. It takes place on Monday nights. It is a group of believers who gather from different churches to come together in the name of the Lord. The Lord is ministered to through songs, praises and prayers. It is a beautiful move of the Holy Spirit as folks come together to pray for one another. We pray for the local and state governments, the nation and for Israel. As the Spirit moves upon a person's heart other prayers are offered. I have always loved prayer and deep sea diving in regards to the things of the Lord.

As I have attended the Lord has been working within me, healing so many place in my spirit and in my heart. It has been humbling as the Lord pours out the fragrance of His love upon me.

Last night at the meeting, as I was praying, I began to think about the feet of Jesus. Three women from the bible came to mind that were found at the feet of Jesus. They were the adulteress who was to be stoned, the woman who washed Jesus' feet with her tears, and Mary, the sister to Martha.

All three women were found at His feet for different reasons. The adulteress, at His feet, found forgiveness. The woman who washed His feet with her tears and dried His feet with her hair offered unashamed worship. Mary broke tradition and offered seeming neglect of her duties so that she may not neglect her Lord.

Each woman had a different story but all were found at the same place...at the feet of Jesus. Forgiveness, worship with complete abandon, unbroken attention to His words. Wow. As those images and thoughts filled my mind I found myself longing to only be found at the feet of Jesus. The understanding of what that meant deepened for me greatly that night.

We really cannot let anything or anyone keep us from the feet of Jesus. I don't want to break fellowship with my Lord. His work, His message, His love, His mission...all are too important to be anywhere else.

I was broken and hurting from many years of many things that even I cannot give reference to. The memories of most have faded but somewhere along the way, the daggers of hurt and wounds inflicted remained. Jesus has been loving me through that this past month. I can truly say with sincerity that I do not want any of my yesterdays to hinder my tomorrows and my right nows. I lay it all down at the feet of Jesus.

I have returned refreshed and renewed. My burdens are being lifted as His love fills me. His call upon my life has been renewed by His grace and precious favor. I love you all. I look forward to sharing more with you about what the Lord is doing in my life.

How much of the Lord do you want? I pray that you, too, be found at the feet of Jesus.  

No comments:

Post a Comment