Tuesday, April 22, 2014

A Poem and a Prayer

Be careful where you
point that finger,
And who you choose to blame.
The Lord knows every
heart, every thought
and every name.

Be careful with that smugness,
and wanting to be right.
You may think you
won the battle,
when you really lost
the fight.

God is love.
Love never fails.
I know the scriptures
to be true.
So what happened?
what did you do,
with the love God gave to you?

Dear Lord,

I pray that my heart, my attitude and my actions be ever humble before you. Please forgive any malice, wrong-thinking, thoughts or opinions. Have your way in my heart today. I pray that Your love would flow freely through me to the world around me. Freely I have been given Your love...freely I give your love away.

May my ears be quick to listen to the needs around me and my mouth be slow to speak, except that Your words be spoken. My faith is unshaken and completely in You. I love You and praise You and walk into this new day with GREAT EXPECTATIONS. In Jesus' Name. ~Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment