Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Out from the Shadows...Called to Action!

I have renamed the blog. It was formerly, 'Hidden in the Shadows'. That name was given four years ago when I created the blog. I never posted anything until April of this year. I used to struggle with feeling invisible within the churches I attended. That is where the blog got it's name from. I no longer have that struggle and feel the blog, even it's name, should be current and relevant.

No longer do I feel hidden. I feel called out to action. That is why I can finally be honest and share my thoughts and observations and whatever else comes along. At the end of 2011 I felt the Lord impressed upon my spirit that 2012 would be a year of Grace. It was. He showed me much grace and taught me to really start to pay attention to my journey, rather than just passively live each day. Likewise, in 2013 I knew that was the year of Discipline. I lacked personal discipline and have for most of my life. At the end of 2013 I wondered what, if any, word the Lord would give for this new year. He did not disappoint. The word He gave me was ACTION!

I was so excited! I have had so many hopes and desires that were in my mind but not being lived out. I really took that word and began to run with it. Even if the action was pursuing the new Godly films that came out this year, I did it. I booked a ticket to an Abolition Summit that is scheduled in August. It is already paid for. My husband and I attended Acquire the Fire this year. I have been several times but it had been at least ten years since my last event. This was my husband's first event. We sponsored a child through Compassion International. All these things are ACTION! I love it!

We have been attending our current church for about six months. I have wanted to leave many times, but we love the people we have come to know. Also, the Lord seems to be requiring me to stay there for now. This is ACTION. I trust the Lord. I have no doubt I am being taught many things by obeying Him. I have begun writing about what I see and how I feel. Normally, I would write it in a personal journal and/or discuss it with a couple of close friends. However, the Lord has prompted me to share it publicly, despite the fact that not everyone can or will agree with every word written. That is ACTION.

I feel, in a small way, like a revolutionary. That is no credit to me. I believe that when we truly obey what the Lord would have us to do, we are going to be perceived many different ways. I am not responsible for how someone responds to my obedience. I am only to be obedient in love and with humility. I truly desire that my life be Salt and Light to those with whom it comes in contact with. Much love to you all.





2 comments:

  1. Thank you Jenny for your obedience to "Action." The Lord and I are both so blessed by sharing your company and your words of wisdom from such a sensitive heart. Love you. Blessings. Leila.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the kind words, Leila.

    ReplyDelete